Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Another Great Evening!

Sunday evening (May 18, 2013), Yvette picked me up, and we went for cocktails and tapas at Steffi Lupp's house.  What a wonderful time with a great group of women in a spectacular setting!

Steffi, who is from Germany and divides her time between Belize and Germany, lives alongside the Caribbean in a white wood-framed house.  One enters on the ground level, and goes upstairs to the great room.  She has a wide veranda overlooking the sea with tables and chairs, and all was set out beautifully for us to enjoy as the sun set!  The group of women, all living in Belize now, included two from Germany, one from India, one from Belgium, three from Belize, and me (from the U.S.)!  What an interesting and dynamic group of professional women!  And funny!  I laughed so hard!  Some of the stories were hysterical, but there was also a lot of discussion about social issues.  The question that I did not get answered was:  do any of them play MahJongg?!?

I thought I'd include a couple of pictures of the Centre.  My office does not yet look like a play therapy office, and I doubt that it will ever have the same atmosphere of my previous offices.  But I can't complain about the treatment by the Centre, providing me with a lovely space that is in an air-conditioned building!  I a working in a little different way with the children, perhaps in part because it is a very different setting.




The laundry is out hanging on the line!  (I still can't get used to that!)  Dave is off on his second trip today to the south.  I better get ready for work, and hope that he returns in time to give me a ride--or it will be a hot walk to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment